spam checks in /var/spool/mqueue.in without having MS service running???

Derek Catanzaro derek at ADCATANZARO.COM
Tue May 3 20:59:28 IST 2005

Is it possible to have the emails in /var/spool/mqueue.in processed by
MS without having the actual MS service running?

I have quite a few emails in /var/spool/mqueue.in (I believe it's due to
DNS issues) and I do not want any more email delivered to the server,
however, I would like to have the current emails in /var/spool/mqueue.in
processed by MS so it will run the SPAM checks and move them to
/var/spool/mqueue and then I will force sendmail to route the emails.  I
get a ton of SPAM and if I just "mv /var/spool/mqueue.in *
/var/spool/mqueue" because it was never processed by MS and my users
will get a ton of SPAM and I am trying to prevent that.

Thanks for your assistance.