ClamAV Perl module not found

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Tue May 3 16:58:52 IST 2005

Devon Harding wrote:
> How would I check for this?
>
> On 5/2/05, *Scott Silva* <ssilva at sgvwater.com
> <mailto:ssilva at sgvwater.com>> wrote:
>
>     Devon Harding wrote:
>     > It does return /usr/bin/perl.  This started happening after I upgraded
>     > from FC2 to FC3.
>     >
>     > -Devon
>     >
Look in /usr/lib/perl5 and see if there is an extra perl directory.
You should have ;
vendor_perl
site_perl
and a directory with your perl version. Mine is 5.8.0
Then inside site_perl and vendor_perl should be one subdirectory with
the version number. Again on mine is 5.8.0
If you find other perl version directories, you probably want to scan
the rest of the file system for similar bad entries.
I think I finally just rpm -e'd all the perl stuff, killed the
directories, and re-installed the perl stuff I had.
You also want to make sure any rpm's you use are for your version of
redhat. Some of them have hard coded directories that can bite you in
the ... well you get the picture.
This bit me back in an upgrade from 7.3 to 9.
If you have this problem, you will have to carefully remove the extra
stuff and re-install anything that was in the wrong place.
This is the reason the docs caution against multiple perl versions.

--
"If you have ever eaten crow,
It don't taste like chicken!!"