Installing MailScanner on Debian Sarge

Wietse Muizelaar wietse at boudisque.nl
Mon May 2 19:01:20 IST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 06:55:41PM +0100, Dean Liversidge wrote:
> Robert Waldner wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 02 May 2005 17:09:04 +0200, Wietse Muizelaar writes:
> >

> >>I'm trying to install the latest version of MailScanner on a fresh Debian
> >>Sarge-system, configured to run sendmail.
> >>And now the manual tells me to change the startup-configuration of
> >>sendmail,
> >>to use the mqueue.in-dir etc. But the debian-version of
> >>/etc/init.d/sendmail
> >>really confuses me, as I would'nt know which part to change.
> >>
> >>Can anyone perhaps help me out?
> >>
> >sendmail.conf:
> >DAEMON_PARMS="-ODeliveryMode=queueonly
> >-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in";
> >
> >I think that was all that was needed.

It was! Thnx!

> That should do it, no need to touch the init.d scripts.
> But dont forget to set the sendmail paths in MailScanner.conf though, i
> think the default package is setup for exim

Well, I did use the tar.gz-distribution, not the .deb-file. And I just succesfully sent a test-message through this machine, and the logs tell me MailScanner was scanning the mail succesfully, so I'm a happy person now.
Thnx!

--
Regards,

Wietse Muizelaar

Wietse Muizelaar
Boudisque Webmaster / ICT
Haringpakkerssteeg 10-18, 1012 LR Amsterdam
Telefoon: 020-6232603
E-mail: wietse at boudisque.nl
Website: www.boudisque.nl