Ideal Scenario For A Fresh Installation

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Jun 30 14:09:27 IST 2005

Steve Douglas wrote:
> What Linux distribution, SA, and MS platform provides the best-case
> administrative solution for customers?  Thank you.
>
> Steve Douglas

The simplest I've found is RHEL3 or CentOS3 with Sendmail.  Of course I
mean the most simple here, not the most secure/performing/fun/whatever.
 I think it is the most standard way to begin, especially for beginners.

I've also done installs on FreeBSD.  Not too complex either.
Debian?  Well, sometimes hard because they usually keep very, very old
versions of MailScanner (and other packages) in Stable.  I hope Volatile
Debian will help on that.

I don't recomment using Redhat versions like 8 or 9 since they're not
supported by Redhat anymore.  With free alternatives to Red Hat
Enterprise like CentOS, you're better off going with that and make some
donations.

--
Ugo

-> Please avoid top-posting and HTML, and cut the irrelevant parts in
your replies.