Regex question

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Jun 30 01:53:49 IST 2005

Craig Daters wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2005, at 2:45 PM, Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
>
> >Craig Daters wrote:
>
> >>On Jun 28, 2005, at 7:38 AM, Rick Cooper wrote:
> >><--snipped for cleanliness sake-->

> <--snipped for cleanliness sake-->

> >>I am using Sendmail 8.13.1-2 (RHEL RPM) for my MTA. I like what you
> >>are
> >>saying here. I don't know how difficult these will be to implement. I
> >>have enabled Sendmail's option to not accept mail from non-FQDN
> >>sources, And I have blacklisted a couple of countries that have sent
> >>us
> >>spam in the past that I know we would never receive legitimate email
> >>from, but that is all.
> >>
> >How do you block mail from non-fqdn sources, exactly? Any url's to a
> >page showing examples? Thanks...
> >--
>

> Using Sendmail, simply commenting out the option in your sendmail.mc
> file:
>
> FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
>
> is supposed to do the trick.
>
> ---
> Craig Daters (craig at westpress.com)
> Systems Administrator
>
> West Press
> 1663 West Grant Road
> Tucson, Arizona 85745
>
> (520) 624-4939 x208
> (520) 624-2715 fax
> www.westpress.com

Already doing it... just didn't get the gist of the setting in question,
but "not accepting domains which can't be resolved" sounds reasonable,
so I've always disabled it when I've encountered it.
--
Please note: It is the policy of West Press that all e-mail
sent to and from any @westpress.com address may be recorded

This message has been scanned for UCE (spam), viruses,
and dangerous content, and is believed to be clean