postfix multi recipient

Pete Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Wed Jun 29 12:25:07 IST 2005

> Well as far as I have read, you just set up a filter to pipe the mail
> through a script that does the splitting then pipes the result back to
> Postfix using sendmail. Not pretty. :-(
>
> Better may be to use this
> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2002-10/1490.html as a
> better solution (Although still not pretty). None of the options just put
> mail in the hold queue they all involve passing it through smtpd twice.
> The other option is to tell me what it's like to manage an Exim box ;-)
>
> Drew

I guess that other than using the recipient limit, which i am sure must
be driving some who send us emails mad and the method you suggest above,
is to use 2 x postfix instances, the first recieving mail as normal and
configure with a transport_recipient_limit that passes mail to next
instance on another port for regular processing?

Off to install Exim on a test machine ... :(