After a few hours of reading, i'm catching up...just few questions

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue Jun 28 20:20:52 IST 2005

Michele Neylon:: Blacknight wrote:

>Jason Williams wrote:
>

>>DCC. I went ahead and installed this. I plugged it into the init.pre
>>file. When I do a --lint test, it kicks some errors, but doesn't break
>>anything from what I found out (Thanks Julian). First question here is,
>>how can I tell if it is contributing to blocking spam?
>>

>Check your logs. If you are logging the spam scores to your mail log you
>should see references to DCC.
>You don't need to enable it in init.pre *yet*. It looks like it will be
>required in the next release of SA

Got it. Quick snip from my logs:

Jun 28 12:13:13 mail MailScanner[912]: Message j5SJD7ZR001964 from
66.135.33.173 (newsflash at newsdeliveryserver.com) to courtesymortgage.com
is spam, SpamAssassin (score=17.659, required 4, autolearn=spam,
BAYES_99 3.50, *DCC_CHECK 2.17*, DIGEST_MULTIPLE 0.10, HTML_80_90 0.15,
HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID 1.72, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 0.06,
RAZOR2_CHECK 1.51, RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 1.22, TO_ADDRESS_EQ_REAL 0.03,
URIBL_JP_SURBL 4.00, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21)

I see im getting URIBL_JP_SURBL as well as URIBL_OB_SURBL. Those both
came in with the builtin plugin for SA.
Looks like I have razor working (haven't started on pyzor yet.)

Are there additional _SURBL_ items I can add? Or is that it for now?

>>To implement this into my setup, just so im clear, these go into my
>>spam.assassin.prefs.conf file at the very en?
>>In the current file, I have this at the very end:
>>
>>urirhssub URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
>>body      URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
>>describe  URIBL_JP_SURBL  Has URI in JP at http://www.surbl.org/lists.html
>>tflags    URIBL_JP_SURBL  net
>>
>>score URIBL_JP_SURBL    4.0
>>

>>I would like to add the following, from www.uribl.com as well as
>>additional surbl.org, if there are additional ones.
>>
>>urirhssub       URIBL_BLACK  multi.uribl.com.        A   2
>>body            URIBL_BLACK  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BLACK')
>>describe        URIBL_BLACK  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
>>tflags          URIBL_BLACK  net
>>score        URIBL_BLACK  3.0
>>
>>urirhssub       URIBL_GREY  multi.uribl.com.        A   4
>>body            URIBL_GREY  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_GREY')
>>describe        URIBL_GREY  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
>>tflags          URIBL_GREY  net
>>score        URIBL_GREY  1.0
>>

>You could put them in a separate .cf file in your /etc/mail/spamassassin
>directory

Seperate for each? All in one? Make a difference? Or just put them at
the bottom of the spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
After I get these implemented, I'm going to continue to look at SA,
razor, pyzor and bayes (which has always seemed to *elude* me for
whatever reasons.)

I appreciate it.

Jason