Upgrade SA

Christian Campbell ccampbell at BRUEGGERS.COM
Tue Jun 28 18:37:04 IST 2005

I looked through the Wiki, MAQs and FAQs and didn't come up with much.
Looking for info on Upgrading SA from 2.63.  It was built from source.
However, I seem to have a spamassassin-tools-2.55-rh8.1 installed also.

1st - Do I still need spamassassin-tools?  Can I remove that package?
2nd - Can I do:

perl -MCPAN -eshell
install Mail::SpamAssassin

to upgrade SA?

Running on:
Linux atlas.brueggers.com 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
This is Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
This is Perl version 5.008000 (5.8.0)

This is MailScanner version 4.42.9
Module versions are:
1.14    Archive::Zip
1.01    Carp
1.119   Convert::BinHex
1.00    DirHandle
1.04    Fcntl
2.71    File::Basename
2.05    File::Copy
2.01    FileHandle
1.05    File::Path
0.13    File::Temp
1.29    HTML::Entities
3.45    HTML::Parser
2.30    HTML::TokeParser
1.20    IO
1.09    IO::File
1.122   IO::Pipe
1.50    Mail::Header
3.05    MIME::Base64
5.417   MIME::Decoder
5.417   MIME::Decoder::UU
5.417   MIME::Head
5.417   MIME::Parser
3.03    MIME::QuotedPrint
5.417   MIME::Tools
0.10    Net::CIDR
1.05    POSIX
1.75    Socket
0.03    Sys::Syslog
1.02    Time::localtime

Optional module versions are:
1.806   DB_File
1.00    Digest
1.01    Digest::HMAC
2.20    Digest::MD5
2.01    Digest::SHA1
missing Inline
missing Mail::ClamAV
2.63    Mail::SpamAssassin
missing Mail::SPF::Query
missing Net::CIDR::Lite
0.23    Net::DNS
missing Net::LDAP
missing Parse::RecDescent
missing SAVI
missing Sys::Hostname::Long
2.26    Test::Harness
0.47    Test::Simple
1.89    Text::Balanced
1.30    URI

 Any help and/or walk-throughs appreciated!

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Campbell
Systems Engineer, Sair LCP, A+, N+, i-Net+
Bruegger's Enterprises
Desk: 802-652-9270
Cell: 802-734-5023
Fax: 802-660-4034
Email: ccampbell at brueggers dot com

PGP Public Key available via PGP keyservers
or http://www2.brueggers.com/pgp/ccampbell.html

"We all know Linux is great...
It does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
          -Linus Torvalds