I've neglected Mailscanner and my setup for to long...

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue Jun 28 16:53:49 IST 2005

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I have gone ahead and done a few
things. Here is what I have done so far:

Upgraded SA to 3.0.4. Pretty painless.
I did add both DCC and razor2 to my init.pre file as follows:

#Add DCC
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

#Add Razor Agents
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

I am not terribly familiar with either, but one thing I have noticed in
my maillog is a few of these:

Jun 28 08:39:31 mail dccproc[39538]: continue not asking DCC 8 seconds
after failure
Jun 28 08:39:31 mail dccproc[39537]: no working DCC servers
dcc1.dcc-servers.net dcc2.dcc-servers.net dcc3.dcc-servers.net ... at
208.201.249.233 142.27.70.

I have also been reading over the mailscanner wiki site as well, trying
to add more items as well as catch up. I thought adding DCC, razor and
pyzor might make a considerable difference in my blocking of spam. The
spam is getting progressively worse and getting through. It is my fault.
I just haven't been able to stay up to date with the server and now I
need to go over everything and set things up properly.

I'll take a look at the link you offered. I appreciate it.

As far as the surbl.org are concerned, anyone here running FreeBSD? If
so, did you install through the ports tree? I've run into a few snags
here recently with this and im working out the bugs.

Thanks,

Jason