No subject

Steve Douglas sdouglas at netnettech.com
Tue Jun 28 10:33:43 IST 2005

Attempting to upgrade to the latest June 1 version of MailScanner, it has
not been successful.  I am updating a server after the customer neglected to
update if for over a year.

The short of is after updating SpamAssassin, Razor, DCC, & MailScanner I am
receiving a status (PS -A) of MailScanner stating (defunct).  The number of
occurrences grows the longer MailScanner runs.  However no mail is being
processed.

I am turning on debug in the MailScanner.conf file to watch.  Would anyone
have an approximated idea what the defunct might relate to?  It appears
SpamAssassin, SendMail are activated by MailScanner.  Thank you.