Released: Plugin Spam Scanner

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Sun Jun 26 23:31:20 IST 2005

Upgraded one of my 4.39s, installed new on another system. Seems to run
just fine. Didn't enable that Spam Scanner function, though. Do I
understand this correctly that you put some custom "fast" spam scanning
stuff in there? And if I don't want to use that I can write a plugin for
another tool?

I try to avoid Perl rpms, so I checked against CPAN on the new system. (I
usually install/upgrade everything from CPAN and then install only the
MailScanner*.rpm.) I noticed the following:

perl-File-Spec-0.82-1.src.rpm seems to have a number system which is
completely different from CPAN which has 3.09.

some of the rpms do not reflect the Perl module names, f.i. MailTools and
TimeDate don't exist as a bundle. Would be nice to have a short
perl-readme.txt which lists all the needed module versions, so one can
check against CPAN. If the rpm name doesn't reflect the exact module name
that's almost impossible.

MailScanner.rpm checks dependency against MIME-Tools.rpm, but not the
other rpms.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany