Released: Plugin Spam Scanner

Rakesh rakesh at NETCORE.CO.IN
Sun Jun 26 19:57:28 IST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 19:05 +0100, Julian Field wrote:

> I have just released beta version 4.34.5.
> This includes the Plugin Custom Spam Scanner facility which some of you
> have been requesting for a while.
>
> See the comments in MailScanner.conf and
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/GenericSpamScanner.pm
> for more details.
>
> But basically you get a function called with the basic envelope details
> about the message, and the contents of the message headers and body.
> Your function returns a score for the message which is added to the
> SpamAssassin score for the message, and a text report which is added to
> the SpamCheck header.
>
> You can easily turn that into a call to an external program to process
> this information and produce a result. Sample code is provided to do this.
>
> Let me know how you get on.

I have just installed it and did a upgrade_mailscanner_conf. I was doing
an upgrade from 4.43.3-1 to 4.43.5

The maillog there the following errors

Jun 27 00:20:14 gw MailScanner[13581]: Syntax error(s) in configuration
file:
Jun 27 00:20:14 gw MailScanner[13581]: Unrecognised keyword
"customspamscannertimeouthistory" at line 1489
Jun 27 00:20:14 gw MailScanner[13581]: Unrecognised keyword
"customspamscannertimeout" at line 1476
Jun 27 00:20:14 gw MailScanner[13581]: Unrecognised keyword
"maxcustomspamscannertimeouts" at line 1481
Jun 27 00:20:14 gw MailScanner[13581]: Aborting due to syntax errors
in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

Did I miss something ?

--
Rakesh <rakesh at netcore.co.in>