malscanner server bypassed

Chris Russell Chris.Russell at KNOWLEDGEIT.CO.UK
Sun Jun 26 18:50:15 IST 2005

 .. Final go, again, apologies for any dupes =)

Hi,

 I have to disagree with Michelle, this is something that is possible to solve dependant on your knowledge of your pop3 server MTA configuration.

 The solution (IE: some protected domains, some not) isn't too difficult. All you need to do is run a test for your protected domains to see if they're from your MailScanner server on your pop3 MTA. If they are, accept the message, if not, reject that message. Only thing you need to ensure is this goes after allowing internal relay hosts, authenticated hosts, etc, so internal mail isn't blocked.

 We use Exim, I've included the relevant config extracts below. Hope this helps, I have no idea
on other MTA's these days.

Cheers,

Chris

The contents of this e-mail may be privileged and are confidential.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the
addressee(s), nor copied in any way.  Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Knowledge Limited.

If received in error, please advise the sender, then delete it from
your system.