Installation Questions Regarding RPM / tar.gz

Steve Douglas sdouglas at netnettech.com
Sun Jun 26 15:29:28 IST 2005

Server: RH9, 1GB Ram, 2.4 GHz, 80gb disk space, Perl 5.8.0, updated all
modules related and/or unrelated to MS, SpamAssassin v3.0.4

Situation: I am lost regarding the .conf files.  I have tried the RPMs and
non-RPM installation of MS.  After the first attempt and second attempt
there were no modifications to the pre-existing .conf files (4.1x).  I am
trying to install the June stable upgrade and the .conf files remain the
same.

Problem: I am unable to locate the upgrade script that once would modify the
.conf files. This situation does apply to the .rules files as well.

Assumed Result: I have opted to install the tar.gz route.  I am configuring
the files and am using sendmail.  If after configuring the .conf files and
they are in place, what should I do if the prompt states mailscanner can not
be found or no such command.  Any help is really appreciated.

S. Douglas
St. Louis, Missouri, US