MailScanner setup questions

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 10:39:57 IST 2005

On 6/26/05, Pete Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:
> Douglas Ward wrote:
> > Thank you for this information.  Where would I find the newer build?  I have downloaded this file from BitDefender's website directly and it is the lower build.  Where did you find build 2492?  Thanks!
> >

> I have the same issue on one machine.
>
> BDC/Linux-Console v7.0 (build 2490) (i386) (Dec 10 2003 16:11:35)
> Copyright (C) 1996-2003 SOFTWIN SRL. All rights reserved.
>
> Error: can't find update dll
>
> and on another identical (well its meant to be identical) i get
>
> BDC/Linux-Console v7.0 (build 2490) (i386) (Dec 10 2003 16:11:35)
> Copyright (C) 1996-2003 SOFTWIN SRL. All rights reserved.
>
> No update available.
>
> If you do manage to resolve it please post the solution here

Hm, did you try the reinstall Pete? Sometimes bdc gets a bum update
and really confuses the hell out of itself:-(. Unfortunately my memory
too vacation way before I did, so I don't rightly know what I did, but
I do have a vague recollection that a simple remove/install did the
trick...

About the build numbers... I'm not too sure, but might this not just
reflect the diffs between the two builds they offer (gcc29x and
gcc3x)? Seems most likely to my slightly less hung over head....:)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn