MailScanner setup questions

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:14:00 IST 2005

Issue no 1 is solely to do with bitdefender. I've seen it behave like
this once... a while back (more than 6 months). Solution was to "rpm
-e" it, then DL and install the current from their site (as explained
in the wiki:-).

The "mailscanner on strike" issue is probably a case of razor dropping
its logfile into the hold queue. Make razor behave (either by
explicitly stating where it should find/put things, or by making
Postfixs homedir writeable, become postfix, run the discovery, revert
ostfix to "not writeable by postfix user... You only need do that the
first time, after that you just need run the discovery script as
postfix). Same goes for pyzor, although pyzor wont put any logfile in
the hold queue;).

Others have covered the rest, so I'll shut up now ... except to say
that you're not alone in running this type of thing on Mad'n'drunk ...
er, Mandriva (they just had to be both a bit mad and slightly high on
*something* to dream up that name:-).

--
-- Glenn