solaris, clam 0.86.1, Mail-ClamAV-0.17, cores

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Jun 24 19:39:48 IST 2005

Gang,

I've been chasing this issue for a couple of days, and I just
sent a bug report to the ClamAV folks about it.  The problem:
on Solaris 9 if I build ClamAV 0.86 or 0.86.1 with either gcc
4.0 or Sun's compiler, install, and then try to rebuild
the perl module Mail-ClamAV-0.17, the "make test" fails.
Analysis of the resulting core (from perl) shows that libclamav
core dumps at:

#0  0xfebaa688 in __zzip_find_disk_trailer (
     fd=8, filesize=309, trailer=0xffbfe742, io=0xfec236e4) at zziplib/zzip-zip.c:289
289                         __fixup_rootseek (offset + tail-mapped, trailer);

Versions 0.85.1 and prior of ClamAV don't have this problem; I'm
continuing to use 0.85.1 on my production system.

Anybody else with Solaris 9, clamavmodule, Mail-ClamAV-0.17
out there?  Anybody else seeing this failure?

I've filed a bug report with ClamAV, I'm curious to see what they say.
The bug looks like an interaction between libclamav and either
zlib or libbz2 during a file zip/unzip.

Beware if you use clamavmodule...

Jeff Earickson
Colby College