FW: [Clamav-announce] announcing ClamAV 0.86.1

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Jun 24 16:58:46 IST 2005

For those who depend on Dag Wieers to create their clam rpms, here is a
way to create your own rpms since dag hasn't yet updated them

# Create a temp workdir and chdir to it
mkdir /tmp/clam_upgrade
cd /tmp/clam_upgrade

# Now download the SPEC file and the latest source rpm from dag
wget http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/clamav.spec
wget http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/clamav-0.85.1-1.rf.src.rpm

# Next we need to unpack this rpm, since we need some file from it.
mkdir onemoretempdir
mv clamav-0.85.1-1.rf.src.rpm onemoretempdir/
cd onemoretempdir
rpm2cpio clamav-0.85.1-1.rf.src.rpm > clam.cpio
cat clam.cpio | cpio -id
mv clamav.init clamav-milter.init /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/
cd ..

# Now download the current clamav source and move it to the SOURCES dir.
# Find a sf.net mirror close to you using the page below
# http://www.clamav.net/stable.php#pagestart
wget http://mirror.sf.net/sourceforge/clamav/clamav-0.86.1.tar.gz
mv clamav-0.86.1.tar.gz /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/

# Now to build the rpm, before that we need to change the version
# number in the clamav.spec file
# Also note that the rpmbuild build command might need you to install
# some dependencies
perl -e "s/Version: 0.85.1/Version: 0.86.1/g;" -pi clamav.spec
rpmbuild -bb clamav.spec

You new rpms should be ready and built in the /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/arch
directory, arch here would mostly be i386

enjoy,
- dhawal