Probably OT: Stupid stupid outlook (as usual!)

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Fri Jun 24 16:39:33 IST 2005

Stef Morrell wrote:
> So, I've got a virus bounce. Clearly I've emailed someone, they've
> got a virus and norton therefore thinks I should get spammed.
>
> MailScanner has washed it through spamassassin which has correctly
> identified that it's a virus bounce, but outlook has ignored the
> "Subject:" header, which would have junked it into my spam bin, and
> instead seems to be using the "Thread-Topic:" header as it's subject.
>
> Any bright ideas to fix/workaround this? Please direct all "don't use
> outlook" to /dev/null, I don't make group IT policy! ;)
>
> Stef

Really hard to say w/o being able to see how you have Outlook configured.
Are you using rules?  What version of Outlook?  I'd play w/the ruleset and
tweak it, then run it until you get the desired results.  By the time it
gets to Outlook it's way beyond anything to do w/MailScanner and there's a
jillion ways that your Outlook could be set up that we have no way of
knowing about.

Lotsa luck...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500