postfix multi recipient

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Jun 24 13:34:44 IST 2005

Pete Russell said:
> Another issue - arggh. Seems that Postfix actually has this
> functionality built it, eg the recipient_limit but that it cannot be
> used immedietly after delivery?

The joys of a modular MTA and using MailScanner that happens to interface
at the 'wrong' stage (If there ever would be a right one).

> Wouldnt it possible for a smarter cookie to hack the postfix code to
> perform this function after delivery instead of at the smtp recpt ?

And face the retribution of Wietse?? :-)

> Other folks have mentioned using a content filter. So recieve the
> message send it to PIPE, split the mesage and whack it back in the HOLD
> queue? I dont even know where to start for the content filter bit, but
> the postfix end of this should be fairly simple.
>
> Any further ideas on this?

Well as far as I have read, you just set up a filter to pipe the mail
through a script that does the splitting then pipes the result back to
Postfix using sendmail. Not pretty. :-(

Better may be to use this
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2002-10/1490.html as a
better solution (Although still not pretty). None of the options just put
mail in the hold queue they all involve passing it through smtpd twice.
The other option is to tell me what it's like to manage an Exim box ;-)

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy