spam.backlist.rules vs sendmail access file

Richard Smith xplora at MEDIADESIGN.SCHOOL.NZ
Wed Jun 22 01:13:01 IST 2005

Been having issues with a virus using specific addresses as a from
address that happens to be a valid address, but no one should be
sending anything from it (a basic group mail address in /etc/aliases).

At first I put "From: groupaddress at host yes" in spam.blacklist.rules
however this has proved to be unreliable, I have sinced put "From:
groupaddress at host REJECT" into my /etc/mail/access and while it's too
soon to know the difference I'm expecting this to have better results.

My question is, which is better to use when, I'm suspecting /etc/mail/
access is better to a point, but where is that point, do I really
need to bother with spam.blacklist.rules at all?

--
http://www.mediadesign.school.nz/

CAUTION: This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
it. Please immediately notify us by return email and then delete the email.

MailScanner with McAfee UVScan, and is believed to be clean.