Problem after installing SpamAssasin

Daniele Gennari gennari at ECO.UNIBS.IT
Tue Jun 21 11:11:58 IST 2005

Hello,

today I have decided to install SpamAssasin to get a better control over Spam.

I have downloaded the package
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.gz
and installed it using the install.sh script.

And here start the problems: restarting Mailscanner I obtain the following
message

bash-2.05# ./check_mailscanner
Starting MailScanner...
Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4 at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i86pc-solaris/Socket.pm line 373.

So I tried to upgrade the single Perl package, the whole Perl distribution
( as you can see, now I have perl5.8.7), and Mailscanner
but with no results.

Someone can help me to debug the problem? Or there is a manner to revert to
the past situation.

This I the configuration I use:

Pc with solaris5.9 (Intel version)
Mailscanner