Renamed attachments

Rakesh rakesh at NETCORE.CO.IN
Thu Jun 16 15:00:27 IST 2005

Wayne wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>Anybody seen whereby an attachment gets renamed to say
>"Application" or "application 1"
>Some were within zip files, although Im not sure that all were.
>Still checking it out, just wondering if anybody else has seen it?

Sounds weird, never heard abt that, can you give us more info like
version of MailScanner, MTA and Virus Scanners ?

All I know is tht MailScanner creates a temporary copy of the
attachments but doesnt mingle with the original ones and performs
filetype/name checks and gives the path to the virus scanners, who only
perform read operations and depending on the return flags it decides
whether it should requeue the mail. Other wise it doesn't tamper with
the original queue file at all.

More inputs will be appreciated

Rakesh