Messages in log unseen before.

Thu Jun 16 09:04:55 IST 2005

Scott Silva wrote:
> Ken Goods said the following on 6/15/2005 11:14 AM:
>
>>Ugo Bellavance wrote:

>>>Have you upgraded MailScanner to the latest stable version as well?
>>>

>>Not yet... it always seems like it turns into a bigger job than it should
>>be.
>>With Citrix, Oracle, 2 SQL servers, an AS400, Exchange Server, DNS, IIS 4.0
>>and 6.0, 15 websites, in-house programming, and all together 8 servers to
>>maintain,
>>time is short and email is not my only responsibility. I tend to forget how
>>I did the upgrade the last time and end up with path/permission
>>problems up the ying-yang.
>>
>>I know... I know... wha wha wha woo woo woo... nobody feels sorry for me,
>>at least I have a job! :)
>
> Sounds as if you have 3 peoples jobs!
>
>>Thanks Ugo... I'll upgrade the whole works and see what happens.
>>Perhaps this time I will document everything so I remember how I did it for
>>the next time.
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>Ken
>>

> You sound like me:
> Too many hats, not enough heads!

Ken
documentation! It's easy to do the upgrades, and even I've managed to
put up a local document on our intranet with a quick reminder of the
stage I go through. I'm running the tar.gz so I have copy the rules
files etc over. Normally takes me around 10 minutes from that start of
download to starting the new version.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator