OT: "OMG YOU SENT TEH VIRUSESS"

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Wed Jun 15 19:36:33 IST 2005

Jason Balicki said the following on 6/15/2005 10:15 AM:
> Martin Hepworth <> wrote:
>
>>a good SA rule for this is Tim Jackson's bogus virus warnings set.
>>
>>http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf
>

> Martin,
>
> I appreciate this, but I was more concerned with
> getting the offending parties to stop wasting
> network resources than I am with tagging the messages.
>
> If nobody else is interested in this, that's fine --
> I was just trying to provide a friendly community
> service for these folks before they get themselves
> blacklisted.
>
> --J(K)

Until they upgrade SMTP with a "slap" button, there is little you can do
 but sigh and complain (and delete).
I know this forum has asked, pleaded and begged for sysop's to not
respond to viruses (virii?). MailScanners defaults are to not respond to
"silent viruses".
But so many executives just think that e-mail is like sending a postal
certified letter, and it must be comming from the address of the sender.
They usually ask for this, because they think they are warning the
sender, but there goes another load of "viral spam"!

RANT RANT rant ran...
I've calmed down now.
Should have taken the blue pill!

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |