OT Sendmail help on new sendmail/MS/SA install

Pavel Zichovsky zichovsky at TRUL.CZ
Wed Jun 15 14:47:10 IST 2005

Hi there!

> Although the advice by other listmembers is extremely thorough, you only
> need a few things in order to have SMTP AUTH working out-of-the-box on
> CentOS/RH/FC or whatever other distro...
>
> 1. Have saslauthd running
> 2. Have the following on /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl

Is anywhere "manual" how to inject these settings directly into sendmail.cf
??

In my instalation there is no sendmail-cf package (it is not problem to
install it), and (what is problem) many settings were done directly into
sendmail.cf (without mc) by server supplier. Unfortunately suppliers says
that SMTP Auth cannot be enabled in current configuration (I read it like
"we do not know how to enable it") and wants a lot of money for complete
reinstalling/reconfiguration of server software (postfix instead of
sendmail).
So using of mc is no good for me, because it would mean building up complete
.mc file from scratch :-(

With regards
Pavel Zichovsky (zichovsky at trul.cz)