Scoring DNSRBL from spam.lists.conf?

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Mon Jun 13 18:59:15 IST 2005

It was my belief that using the DNSRBL stuff in spam.lists.conf meant
that messages who's origin IP, etc was found to exist on these lists
where scored and thus contributed to the final spam score of a
particular message?

This past weekend, we had a Comcast user send mail to several of our
users using some fake from addresses which ended in our domain, i.e.:

info at westpress.com (legitimate)
register at westpress.com (fake)
so on, and so on.

I went to www.DNSstuff.com to see which lists would have this person
listed and entered some of the ones that looked not to be overly
aggressive. This is where I learned that any message which appears on a
list results is it automatically being flagged as spam. I have looked
in MailScanner.conf, the only option I find that allow some control
over how messages are flagged is the "Spam Lists To Reach High Score"
option (which I have set to "3" by the way). Is this the correct
behavior for the "Spam List" option?

And secondly, is there a way to apply scores to these instead?

---
Craig Daters (craig at westpress.com)
Systems Administrator

West Press
1663 West Grant Road
Tucson, Arizona 85745

(520) 624-4939 x208
(520) 624-2715 fax
www.westpress.com

--
Please note: It is the policy of West Press that all e-mail
sent to and from any @westpress.com address may be recorded

This message has been scanned for UCE (spam), viruses,
and dangerous content, and is believed to be clean