Problem with ClamAV update

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Mon Jun 13 16:16:24 IST 2005

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
> Little bit different question if I may.
>
> How does MailScanner use ClamAV?  Looks like it doesn't use clamd.
> Would someone help me understand why and how MailScanner uses clamav?

Mailscanner unpacks a batch of messages to a temporary directory tree,
and then runs the command line scanners on that directory.
When the scanners report back infections. MailScanner, since it kept
track of where each message was unpacked, can parse the output and
delete/quarantine/warn of each infected message.