MailScanner on secondary MX

Nigel kendrick support-lists at PETDOCTORS.CO.UK
Fri Jun 10 10:51:24 IST 2005

I'm running all my mail servers on CentOS (Two on Cento4 and Three on
Centos3.4) - no issues whatsoever with
PostFix+MailScanner+SpamAssassin+ClamAV+Razor.

I had a few problems with SquirrelMail on CentOS4, but turning off SELinux
(as mentioned elsewhere) fixed that - you can also edit stuff to fix the
problems if you want to run with SELinux.

Have fun!

NK

-----Original Message-----
Of Martin Hepworth
Sent: 10 June 2005 09:04
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: MailScanner on secondary MX

James

from what I see on the mailing list there's no obvious issues with
Centos4 (might be worth having a search on the archives just in case my
google like brain has dropped a bit or two ;-)

Dunno about the scripts, but rsync might help - depends on now much
config you need to mess with. Rsync is quite efficient.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

James Gray wrote:
> Today's project is to run up CentOS 4.0 and turn it into a secondary
> MX that
> will basically relay mail to an internal exchange machine (just like the
> primary) and hold mail for 2 other domains to an internal IMAP server.
I'd
> like to keep all the existing recipient verification and grey-listing etc.

> Which I've got sorted in my head....just gotta write the scripts :)
>
> So are there any particular "gotcha's" I should be looking out for,
> either
> with CentOS or MailScanner?  I normally use Debian on servers but $BOSS
has
> declared RedHat (EL) will be our preferred platform - I've been waiting 6
> months for installation media from $BOSS...so screw it; CentOS, then
migrate
> later.  The primary is scheduled for some major hardware changes and I
NEED