Possible problem with the new panda wrapper

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Wed Jun 8 10:32:31 IST 2005

Steen, Glenn wrote:
> Brain fades happen. Even to the best.
> Will test and report back tomorrow.
>
> -- Glenn

Yep - started as "just for Rick", then thought I'd alert any users
too. Apart from this message, I think well save everyone else the
trouble to hit delete by keeping it off-list:-). Look below for more.

(snip)
>> Am I correct that you call pavcl once/directory, not once/batch?
>> Would be nice if it was once/batch:).
>
> Done, you should already have a copy of a new version of
> panda-wrapper, and the required patch to SweepViruses.pm, to try out.
> Please let me/us know if it's more like what you desire. It will scan
> the child's entire batch with one call to pavcl

Has some problems, that *might* affect the "once/dir" case too... As
mentioned in my private mail to you, we need initialize the term so
that pavcl only sees the "huge tty".

>> Now for the real problem. When I simulate a batch of more than one
>> message, this detects the "clean second" as the "unclean first".
>> Better that I show what I mean:
> [..]
>
> This was a stupid error on my part. I deleted some debug stuff before
> sending the last version to Julian and I didn't test it with a
> batch... I deleted one line too many. I have attached a patch for
> panda-wrapper that will fix this one line brain spaz.
>
> Apply the patch or change the following line in panda-wrapper from:
>   sub scan_virus{
> to:
>
> 	sub scan_virus{
> 		# Make sure our Virtual Screen is clean when called.
> 		$VirtualScreens = "";
>
> I don't know if/when Julian will incorporate the changes to
> panda-wrapper and SweepViruses.pm to allow a single call to pavcl for
> each batch rather than each message. If anyone else wants this change
> now/soon let me know and I can send it to you or post it here.
>
> Again, Sorry for the brain fade on the above error
>
> Rick

This patch makes the "stock wrapper" work ok, but ... It might still
"prettify" the outpu so that you lose the message ID.
So, any users of panda should keep a sharp eye on the logs for
strangeness like "..." etc.

Best regards
-- Glenn