little off topic: Am I an open relay?

Quintin Giesbrecht quinting at HSD.CA
Tue Jun 7 18:55:07 IST 2005

I am an IT in a school division, and we run deepfreeze on any computer
that students use.  It has saved us weeks and months of work.

Of course, the staff machines are not locked down....oh well, can't have
it all :(

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Jason Williams
Sent: June 7, 2005 12:14 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: little off topic: Am I an open relay?

I know what you mean.
There is one product i've been looking at and after this incident,
strongly considering using. Two of their products I like. Here is the
website:

http://www.faronics.com/index.asp

The two that would help us and let us keep the hair we have are:

DeepFreeze:
http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

AntiExec:
http://www.faronics.com/html/AntiExec.asp

I may just pony up the money and buy DeepFreeze.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Scott Silva wrote:

>>>Some of that cr#p gets installed through activex vulnerabilities in
IE.