Possible problem with the new panda wrapper

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Tue Jun 7 18:22:46 IST 2005

Glenn,

I replied off list with more detail than here, I didn't notice your message
went to the
list as well as me.

Done, you should already have a copy of a new version of panda-wrapper, and
the required patch to SweepViruses.pm, to try out. Please let me/us know if
it's more like what you desire. It will scan the child's entire batch with
one call to pavcl

> Now for the real problem. When I simulate a batch of more than one
> message, this detects the "clean second" as the "unclean first". Better
> that I show what I mean:
[..]

This was a stupid error on my part. I deleted some debug stuff before
sending the last version to Julian and I didn't test it with a batch... I
deleted one line too many. I have attached a patch for panda-wrapper that
will fix this one line brain spaz.

Apply the patch or change the following line in panda-wrapper from:
  sub scan_virus{
to:

	sub scan_virus{
		# Make sure our Virtual Screen is clean when called.
		$VirtualScreens = "";

I don't know if/when Julian will incorporate the changes to panda-wrapper
and SweepViruses.pm to allow a single call to pavcl for each batch rather
than each message. If anyone else wants this change now/soon let me know and
I can send it to you or post it here.

Again, Sorry for the brain fade on the above error

Rick

believed to be clean.