Header added to outgoing messages

Mike michael at NOMENNESCIO.NET
Tue Jun 7 12:43:30 IST 2005

What Julian is trying to say, is that MS only knows/looks at the ENVELOPE From (MAIL FROM:) and To (RCPT TO:). The From: that you state above (Webcast at sans.org) is NOT the ENVELOPE From. Check your MTA logs to see the ENVELOPE From, or add the X-MailScanner-Envelope-From: header (configure in MailScanner.conf).

>Sender: <bounce at mailings.sans.org>
>
>I am going to whitelist sans.org in the SpamAssassin conf as well, but I
>don't understand why the whitelisting for these particular mails is not
>applied.

Presumably, you should whitelist:

From:	*@*.sans.org	yes

The ENVELOPE From is probably bounce at mailings.sans.org (from the mailings.sans.org domain, NOT sans.org).