who is using require_rdns.m4?

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHT.IE
Tue Jun 7 11:18:37 IST 2005

>>> How does it handle shared IPs?
>>
>> I've seen machines with multiple NICs and IPs, but never heard of two
>> machines sharing the same IP.  Hunh?
>
> I think he is referring to the situation where multiple
> domain names resolve to the same ip, but the ip can only
> resolve to one name. I would have thought this is quite common
> especially among ISPs. Cheers
> Alisdair

Alisdair - spot on - I am

It would not be uncommon for there to be 300 domains on the one IP in a
shared hosting environment

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains
http://www.blacknight.ie/
Tel. +353 59 9137101 | Fax. +353 59 9146970
Tired of your current host? Save 15% when you move to us!