SA userprefs stored in SQL

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Jun 6 15:05:38 IST 2005

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Jonathan
>
> Short answer is no.

- snip -

>>> This apparently has come up a few times in the past.  I may be asking
>>> this in the wrong place, so if I need to post this question on the
>>> spamassassin list please let me know.
>>>
>>> I even found a piece of information on the Faq-O-matic... here is an
>>> excerpt.
>>>
>>> "..... problem is that SpamAssassin, according to what I've read at the
>>> following http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/sql/README,
>>> will only use the DB for getting the user preferences if it's running in
>>> client/server mode, i.e., as spamc and spamd.  So this means that if I
>>> want to let end users manage their own whitelists, I would have to get
>>> SpamAssassin running the old slow way.  Thoughts or suggestions? "
>>>
>>> After searching, I have not found a solution to this.  I am already
>>> using a mysql bayes for my lvs mail cluster system.. I need a way to
>>> store SA user preferences globally.. and i would rather not go back to
>>> using spamc/spamd.
>>>
>>> thanks.
>>>
>>> Jonathan Higgins

What preferences do you need to store in SQL? If you are purely looking
at sql based whitelists / blacklists (and not SA preferences), here is
something:
http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/mod_perl?current=/tarballs/MailScanner

Also if you can wait, mailwatch 0.6 when released (mailwatch.sf.net)
will support sql based whitelists / blacklists.

- dhawal