SA userprefs stored in SQL

Rakesh rakesh at NETCORE.CO.IN
Sat Jun 4 14:56:30 IST 2005

Jonathan Higgins wrote:

>I looked through the customconfig, and found the section talking about
>white/black lists per domain.... which is not what im looking for.
>
>global storage of user preferences.  thats what I need.  Spamassassin
>provides it only in thier client server configuration.  I want to continue
>to use spamassassin the way that MailScanner wants to.
>
>anyone else out there doing this?.. are you running spamd/spamc?  and so on..

Unfortunately its not possible to use userwise prefs in Mysql for SA (I
realised this recently) if you are using MailScanner.  SA needs to
switch user its is running as to load the prefs of the user from SQL,
but incase of MailScanner SA is always invoked as the user which is
running the MailScanner processes, also since MailScanner processes
mails in batches and compiles (i.e. loads rulesets and other params) SA
modules once per batch its not possible to switch user and invoke SA
from within MailScanner. One time compilation of SA (per batch) in
MailScanner makes anti-spam checks more efficient. Things would become
worse if MailScanner had to compile SA per message.

--
Regards,
Rakesh B. Pal

Success is how high you reach after you hit the bottom.