bayes.lock files haunting me...

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jun 4 12:48:40 IST 2005

Kevin Miller wrote:

>Julian Field wrote:
>

>>Kevin Miller wrote:

>>>Well, I was having the lock file troubles so I added the cron job
>>>yesterday to see if it would make any difference and forgot to turn
>>>it off in MailScanner.  Senior moment I guess.  I'll kill it and see
>>>how things go over the weekend.
>>>
>>>Should I leave the wait on?
>>>

>>The wait only applies to MailScanner's rebuilds, it has no effect on
>>your cron job's operation.
>>

>Yeah, I understand that.  If I kill the cron job, and leave the rebuild at
>86400, should the wait be enabled?  Default is no, but in this case what
>does wisdom dictate?

It depends a bit on the mail traffic through your site. If the rebuild
takes a long time, then you probably want to continue delivering while
it goes on (wait=no). If it only takes a minute or two, and your server
can catch up fairly quickly, you probably want to wait for it to
complete (wait=yes).

I would go for wait=yes and change it if it causes a problem. Otherwise
spam will get through during the rebuild.

--
Julian Field