bayes.lock files haunting me...

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Sat Jun 4 00:30:26 IST 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote:
>
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>

>>> Why are you rebuilding the Bayes db from MailScanner and from cron?
>>> You should do either 1 or the other. I would recommend (of course)
>>> doing it from MailScanner.conf, so just comment out your crontab
>>> entry.
>>>

>> Well, I was having the lock file troubles so I added the cron job
>> yesterday to see if it would make any difference and forgot to turn
>> it off in MailScanner.  Senior moment I guess.  I'll kill it and see
>> how things go over the weekend.
>>
>> Should I leave the wait on?
>>

> The wait only applies to MailScanner's rebuilds, it has no effect on
> your cron job's operation.

Yeah, I understand that.  If I kill the cron job, and leave the rebuild at
86400, should the wait be enabled?  Default is no, but in this case what
does wisdom dictate?

TIA...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500