Sophos killing protected Excel spreadsheets

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu Jun 2 18:00:27 IST 2005

Julian,

I've set Allowed Sophos Error Messages = "File was encrypted", changed
from sophossavi to sophos, and asked the howling user to send me
an encrypted Excel spreadsheet to see if this fixes the issue.  Then
I'll upgrade to 4.42.9, apply patch, go back to sophossavi, try again.

Since there have two or three patches emailed out re 4.42.9, maybe it
is time to slap 4.43.x beta out there, and I'll just go to that...

Jeff Earickson
Colby College