"No space left on device" Which device?

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Wed Jun 1 11:39:59 IST 2005

Hi all,

This does look like a resource limitation for my machine, but I
thought people might like to know some further information that I
have found out.

At exactly the same time that I got the original errors from
MIME::Parser, I got the following as well...

May 31 21:30:10 inetsrv-1 tmpfs: [ID 518458 kern.warning] WARNING:
/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

So it does look like that part of the code uses /tmp, which is part
of swap on this system, and fairly small.

It looks like I might need to increase the space available to /tmp.

# df -k /tmp
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
swap                  292984     392  292592     1%    /tmp

--
Anthony Peacock
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of