"No space left on device" Which device?

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Wed Jun 1 10:00:55 IST 2005

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.  This must have been a transient problem
overnight as the partition seems fine now.

For info:

# cd /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
# df -F ufs -o i .
Filesystem             iused   ifree  %iused  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1       7066  494054     1%   /var
#
# df -k .
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1    4032196  954531 3037344    24%    /var

It doesn't look to me like last night was a particularly busy night.

But now that you have confirmed that the resource problem was on that
partition, it becomes a sysadmin job for me to keep an eye on and
provide more resource for this area.

Thankyou to everyone for your help.

All sweeping generalisations are false.