MailScanner/SpamAssassin timeouts

Nestor Burma goudron_et_plumes at YAHOO.FR
Wed Jun 1 09:18:21 IST 2005

Hello,

--- No Name <lists at BUSCHOR.CH> a écrit :

> The problem crops up after the MS initiated SA bayes
> database
> rebuild. As long as the bayes_auto_expire feature is
> enabled in SA
> configuration and disabled in MS there isn't any
> problem. If I
> disable auto expiring in SA (bayes_auto_expire 0)
> and enable it in MS
> (Rebuild Bayes Every = 28800) I get some SA
> timeouts, but only from
> the MS process which did the bayes database rebuild
> and only for some
> batches. If I TERM this process the timeout problem
> is gone. The
> problem also disappears after the periodically
> restart of this
> process, but if I do not kill the suspicious MS
> process it disables
> SA network checks and later SA local checks and I
> get some spam
> unchecked through. The other MS processes do not
> show any problem
> during these timeouts.

Just for the record, we have drawn the same conclusion
to explain our "SpamAssassin : Erreur de
temporisation" (meaning timeout, french speaking
around here) problems. Only the bayes-rebuilder
process seems to suffer from them.

Any way out to solve this problem (we have temporarily
configured out bayes rebuilding by MS, but would like
to get it back whenever possible).

Tia,

-- Nb