"No space left on device" Which device?

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Wed Jun 1 09:10:07 IST 2005

Hi,

MailScanner-4.41.3

I have got the following error twice in my logs.

May 31 21:30:11 inetsrv-1.chime.ucl.ac.uk MailScanner[13128]: Cannot
parse /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/13128/j4VKTx9r023647.header and
, MIME::Parser: can't flush: No space left on device at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/MIME/Parser.pm line 789,
<GEN4603> line 24.

I understand that it is telling me that the device it is trying to
flush to is too full.  What I can't work out is which device as the
partition that is /var has at least 3Gb free space at the moment.

Is this trying to flush to a temp file on /tmp?  As I could
understand that getting too full.

--
Anthony Peacock
"I haven't lost my mind...I sold it on eBay!"