Spamassassin always scores 0.

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Jul 29 16:33:05 IST 2005

Milton R. Calnek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help sorting this out.
>
> So far today, I've had 437 emails scaned by ms/sa with a score of 0 and
> 23 with a score not 0 (-100 for being on a whitelist and 3.037 from AV
> testing  were common values for non-0 scores).

I'd start by verifying SA with it's command-line tools:

spamassassin --lint
(should run, and exit quietly)

Also try feeding it the sample spam message that comes with SA's source:

spamassassin < sample-spam.txt

The sample spam should trigger GTUBE and get a really high score.

> spamassassin-3.0.2-2.0.rh9.rf

Hmm, distro-ported version.. You might want to check to make sure the rulefiles
wound up being installed correctly. Find out your default rules dir by running:

spamassassin --lint -D

And check to make sure the SA rulefiles are there. Also check the site rules dir
for init.pre, and it should NOT contain any of the default rules (20_*.cf,
50_scores.cf, etc should be in default, not site rules)

Usually this is OK, but sometimes a distro port package maintainer goofs up the
specfile and the files get mis-installed.