Spam actions when destinations have different thresholds

Matt Hampton matt at CODERS.CO.UK
Fri Jul 29 00:12:58 IST 2005

Evening

Can someone point me in the right direction (I have looked in the
archives,wiki and FAQ)

Scenario:

Rule for spam thresholds as follows (not correct syntax)

To: abcd at domain.co.uk    5
To: efgh at domain.co.uk    7

Mailscanner is configured to tag the subject line for spam.

An email is sent to both abcd at domain.co.uk and efgh at domain.co.uk in the
SAME envelope.  The score it achieves is 6.

Some quick tests that I have done (and thanks to blacknight for looking
as well) shows that it triggers on the first recipient.

Any ideas how to address this.  I was thinking of doing something with
sendmail queues:

inbound emails -> mqueue.in
mqueue.in -> mqueue.split (moved by a queue runner and .split has a max
recipent of 1)

MailScanner then monitors mqueue.split.

This is obviously going to have a hit on throughput (and bandwidth/disk
space) but at the moment this is the only way I can see of doing this.

cheers

Matt