Feature request - Emergency mode

Kevin Spicer kevin at KEVINSPICER.CO.UK
Thu Jul 28 15:04:37 IST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:33 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Julian,
>
> Could it be possible to have an email sent to an admin when MailScanner
> enters in emergency mode (Max Normal Queue Size =).

The next feature I'm working on for MailScanner-MRTG is the ability to
send an alert for anything MSMRTG monitors when customisable thresholds
are exceeded.  The threshold code is already in the latest unstable
release (and mostly working I think!), I just need to get round to
writing the alert bit.  I'm primarily seeing this as a means to alert
nagios, but I'm also planning to be able to send alerts via SMTP, so
that you can send a message, for example, direct to an email-sms
gateway.

Kevin