Feature request - Emergency mode

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Jul 28 14:10:54 IST 2005

Stephen Swaney wrote:
> [...]

Yes, I thought of that.  But I also thought that instead of using the
local MTA, we could use another server.  Yes, that is similar to what
monit would do, but I was just wondering, since there is already a test
in MailScanner that raises a flag when the treshold is hit, how easy it
would be to call a function that would send an e-mail using an external
mail server.

> Have you thought using monit to check the size of the mailq. You could write
> a simple cron job script that changes the size of a file if the incoming
> mailq gets larger than "Max Normal Queue Size =". Then use monit to check
> for change in the size of that file.

That is indeed a good idea.

--
Ugo