Three-way match headache

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 13:53:53 IST 2005

My intention was that if the regexp included no letters, then it would be
treated as an IP-based address match pattern. Is this currently true in
the code?

On 28 Jul 2005, at 09:54, Chuck Foster wrote:

Hmm, from what I can tell in RuleToRegexp, a /..../ expression is
automatically text (ie. domain check) and not IP-based,
unfortunately.

But it was a nice idea, though with multiple incoming mail servers
that could get to be quite a nasty regexp!

            Assuming Perl regexp "extended patterns" (I
            haven't tried) can be used, consider the
            following two lines in the order presented:

            From: user at domain     andFrom:
            /^(?!ip\.ad\.dr\.es)$/     no
            From: user at domain     andTo: otherdomain
                    yes

            The regular expression in the first line
            basically says to act "no" if the message is from
            user at domain but NOT from the specified IP
            address.

            Good luck.

                            From: ip.ad.dr.es and From:
            user at domain and To: otherdomain   yes

      This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have
      received this
      email in error please notify the sender and destroy it
      immediately.
      Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed
      in hard copy
      by an authorized signatory.

       This message has been scanned for viruses and potentially harmful
                       content by StreamShield Protector.

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)
and the archives
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).