_STARS(*)_ Problem

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Jul 28 00:07:26 IST 2005

Dean M wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently installed MailScanner 4.43.8 and almost everything is
> working great!  The problem is the Spam Score subject.  I see Spam Score
> ssssss etc in the header, but if I try and use [Spam Score _STARS(s)_] in
> the subject I get exactly that attached to any spam messages, rather than
> [Spam Score ssssssss]
> Has anyone found the same problem?

MailScanner doesn't use SpamAssassin's markup generation, it does it's own. All
message tagging options are configured in MailScanner's config files.

Anything relating to message tagging that you set it spamassassin's config files
(local.cf, etc) will be ignored. (however, options like use_bayes, etc will
still be used as they affect how SA calculates scores, and MS does use that part
of SA).

AFAIK, the _STARS_ bit is a spamassassin option, and isn't supported by
MailScanner at all.