kaspersky 5.5 Virusscan

Norbert Schmidt norbert.schmidt at IS-TELEDATA.COM
Wed Jul 27 14:40:03 IST 2005

MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> wrote on 27.07.2005
15:14:00:

> Glenn Steen wrote:
> > 2005/7/27, Norbert Schmidt <norbert.schmidt at is-teledata.com>:
> >

> >>Hi everybody,
> >>
> >>I've installed kaspersky-5.5 on a debian/sage box together with
mailscanner.

> >>The scanner is licensed and working and running
> >>/etc/MailScanner/wrapper/kaspersky-wrapper
> >>/opt/kav/5.5/kav4unix/ /eicar.com.txt
> >>gives me a result on stdout with a Scan summary stateing Infected=1 ,
so the
> >>scanner is working, but when sending a tesmail with eicar.com.txt,
only
> >>clamav and bitdefender messages are integrated into the mail.
> >>Did the answer-format change from kaspersky-4.5 to 5.5???
> >>
> >>It seems to me that mailscanner main-program ignores or does not
understand
> >>the output of the wrapper-kaspersky script....

> > Silly question: did you check virus.scanners.conf that the path for
> > kaspersky is correct (third column)?
>
> Even more silly.  Did you edit MailScanner.conf to add kapersky to the
> list of virus scanners?

Well I think, I've checked all the silly things... As I wrote above I can
see the scanner start and work, but mailscanner doesn't seem to
understand the output...

Norbert

    [ Part 2, "S/MIME Cryptographic Signature"  ]
    [ Application/X-PKCS7-SIGNATURE  5.6KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]